- Grade: Easy
- Distance: 16 km
- Duration: 5.5 hours
- Height gain: minimal
Start Point: Torc Upper Carpark Killarney (Map 78 V968 841) at 10.30am
(or click on Show Maps above and use Google Maps to navigate with the phone)
From Killarney town take the N71 Muckross Road and continue driving until you pass the Main entrance to “Muckross House and Gardens” on your right.
Almost immediately you will see a by-road veering to your left signposted “Old Kenmare Road”. This is a narrow single car road so continue slowly for about two kilometres until you meet the car park on your left.
- Do not leave any valuables in the car due to the risk of break ins!
- Bring a change of clothes for the return journey home.
- No phone coverage in car park or for a lot of the walk.
- There are a couple of rivers to cross (with stepping stones) walking poles could be helpful. (If you don’t have poles we can share for crossings)
- The last four kilometres are on a small country road carry runners/trainers if desired.